Founder & Tech LeadGeekyAnts - Bangalore, India
PHP and MySQL - Laravel 4 & REST APIs98%
WordPress - Custom Plugin Development95%
Version Control - Git, GitLab & GitHub97%
Tools - Grunt, Yeoman & bower95%
Meowfoto is a web-based editor that can apply different types of filters to photos and is integrated with Facebook in order to allow the download of user photos. It also has a collage generator built in HTML5 using KnockoutJS.
- Custom MVC with PHP and MySQL
- KnockoutJS for front-end collage module (with drag-n-drop)
- Facebook SDK and Graph APIs
- ImageMagick for image processing
- Twitter Bootstrap for front-end design
- Third party Shell scripts for image processing
- Operating system: CentOS 6
Challenges that I faced and how I solved them:
- Users needed to upload their final collage result to Facebook. The editor worked in HTML markup (using KnockoutJS), which was needed to be converted to image formats like JPEG or PNG. The front-end app exported the JSON data that was processed in the back-end to get the same result. PhantomJS was not an option as it was quite experimental at this time.
- There were 500+ concurrent users and it was impossible to handle this amount of image processing on a single server. With the help of another system admin, I used the AWS Elastic server with a front load balancer and two clusters to carry out the image processing.
Interest & Expertise
- Team Management
- WordPress Plugin Development
- Dashboard Applications
- Facebook App Development
- E-commerce Platform
- Clean Code
- Modular Development